Happy Lunar New Year!
As we transition from the Year of the Monkey to the Year of the Rooster, I wanted to share 3 simple ways to a happy year.
Set the Tone
According to Chinese superstition, what happens during the three days of the new year celebration sets the tone for the next 12 months. Ensure a positive year and avoid any crying, arguing and borrowing money, instead, take this time to spend time with family and friends and do things that make you happy.
Spread the Wealth
Red envelopes, or li xi, are common during the new year. Money is given to others in red envelopes and well wishes are given for wealth, love, health, happiness and success.
The color red symbolizes good luck and the color is said to ward off evil spirits. An easy way to set the tone for the year is to wear red during the new year so that you’ll surround yourself with good luck and fortune. Plus, who wants evil spirits following them around?
Much like Western astrology, the Chinese zodiac determines and shapes an individual’s characteristics and personality. The Chinese zodiac is based on a 12-year cycle, with each year corresponding to a specific animal. What’s your sign? Click here for a zodiac calculator. Use this calculator to determine your sign and learn more about your personality, strengths and weaknesses. Knowing yourself, the good, the bad, the so-so, will help you improve in 2017.
This year is the year of the Rooster and here’s a quick synopsis of what it means to you:
- Rats are going to enjoy many happy events, including financial success.
- Oxen will experience unexpected success.
- Tigers will not lack anything as it’s said they’ll be protected this year and will be surrounded by devoted friends who are willing to help.
- Rabbits will experience challenges and tensions regarding material things, maybe this year will be a good time to think about going minimal.
- Dragons will have a year full of good news and career progress.
- Snakes will stand out in their careers with the possibility of promotions.
- Horses will have a good year with personal and financial achievements, but beware of being irritable as they’ll be susceptible to some unbalances and career changes.
- Sheep should watch their finances carefully as they may experience more expenses than expected, be mindful to not let this affect your relationship with family and loved ones.
- Monkeys will have a good year, especially on the romantic front.
- Roosters will have to be cautious as your animal year tends to be unlucky, but with the right support, you’ll be able to easily solve whatever problems come your way.
- Dogs will have a fairly uneventful year, but should be mindful of their health.
- Pigs will have some financial or professional struggles, but stay tenacious and patient to work through these.
Keeping all this in mind, I’ve created a collection based on your Chinese zodiac sign to help boost your luck, because really, who couldn’t use something extra to make 2017 great? Embrace your inner animal and find one of your lucky colors here.